www.tnpsc.academy – TNPSC Current Affairs September 20, 2017 (20/09/2017)
Topic : Science & Technology, Latest Diary of Events
Fast spinning star confirms Indian Nobel Laureate’s theory
Over 70 years after Australia scientists accepted Indian Nobel Laureate’s phenomenon.
Indian astrophysicist and Nobel laureate Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar predicted that rapidly rotating stars would emit polarised light, scientists in Australia have observed the phenomenon for the first time.
Researchers used a highly sensitive piece of equipment to detect the polarised light from Regulus.
Regulus is one of the brightest stars in the night sky.
The equipment allowing the scientists to determine its rate of spinning and the orientation in space of the star’s spin axis.
Optical polarisation is a measure of the orientation of the oscillations of a light beam to its direction of travel.
Topic : General Administration, Welfare Oriented Schemes & Their Utilities
Gorakhpur, Koraput and Thane to launch Zero Hunger Programme
Three districts – Gorakhpur in Uttar Pradesh, Koraput in Odisha and Thane in Maharashtra – will initiate India’s ambitious ‘Zero Hunger’ programme through interventions in farm sector on October 16 (World Food Day).
Though many more districts will eventually be covered under this dedicated farm-based programme in sync with India’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to end hunger by 2030.
These three would act as a model of an integrated approach to deal with hunger and malnutrition by adopting suitable agricultural practices.
The programme will ensure suitable methods of measuring the impact of intervention.
There will be intensive training programme in order to identify the nutritional maladies in each district and the appropriate agricultural/horticultural and animal husbandry remedies.
Topic : Pacts & Summits, World Organizations, Latest Diary of Events
First BIMSTEC Disaster Management Exercise 2017 – India
The first BIMSTEC Disaster Management Exercise 2017 will be conducted by India from 10th October to 13th October 2017.
This Exercise will be serving as a platform for sharing best practices on all aspects of Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR), strengthening regional response and coordination for Disaster Management among the BIMSTEC member countries.
Topic : Sports and Medals
British cyclist Mark Beaumont achieve world record by cycling around the world in 79 days
A British cyclist has broken the world record for cycling around the world in 79 days – 44 days shorter than the previous record.
Mark Beaumont, arrived at the Arc de Triomphe in Paris one day ahead of schedule after cycling 18,000 miles and an average of 240 miles per day.
- Current Affairs
- current affairs for tnpsc
- current affairs in english
- current affairs in tamil
- current affairs of tamilnadu
- current affairs pdf free
- current affairs pdf free download
- download Exam tips
- Exam tips
- Exam tips Group1
- Exam tips Group1 group 1 Group1 group 1 Group 2 Group 2A Group 4 Group 2 Group 2A Group 4
- Group1 group 1group 1 Group 2 Group 2A Group 4Group 2 Group 2A Group 4
- latest news of tnpsc
- latest news of tnpsc Mock test
- Mock test
- Mock test Notifications
- study materials
- study plan
- syllabus tnpsc
- TNPSC Answer Key
- tnpsc apps
- TNPSC Aptitude class
- TNPSC class
- tnpsc current affairs
- tnpsc current news
- tnpsc exams
- tnpsc group 1 tnpsc group 2 tnpsc group 2 A tnpsc group 4
- tnpsc group 1 tnpsc group 2 tnpsc group 2 A tnpsc group 4 tnpsc notifications
- tnpsc group 2 tnpsc group 2 A
- tnpsc group 2 tnpsc group 2 A tnpsc group 4
- TNPSC Group 4 2016 Answer key
- TNPSC Group 4 Answer key
- tnpsc group 4tnpsc notifications
- tnpsc group1
- TNPSC maths class
- TNPSC online Class
- Tnpsc online test
- TNPSC Online test daily quiz
- tnpsc preparation
- tnpsc preparation VAO
- TNPSC video class
- TNPSC Whatsapp
Products – Our Featured Materials
- TNPSC General English Book - for Group 4, Group 2 & 2A
- Group 4 & VAO - 2019 - Postal Test Series & Test Batch - தமிழ்
- Group 4 & VAO - 2019 - Postal Test Series & Test Batch - English
- TNPSC Group 4, Group 2 & 2A பொது அறிவு புத்தகங்கள் | சமச்சீர் - தமிழில் ₹450.00 – ₹3,600.00
- TNPSC Group 4, Group 2 & 2A Books - General Studies | SAMACHEER - In English ₹450.00 – ₹3,600.00