www.tnpsc.academy – TNPSC Current Affairs September 16, 2017 (16/09/2017)
Topic : General Administration, Profile of States, Latest Diary of Events
Assam Assembly adopted resolution for Population Policy
The Assam legislative assembly has passed a government resolution for adopting a ‘Population and Women Empowerment Policy of Assam’.
Key facts of the policy:
The policy has a strict two-child policy for government servants and elected/nominated representatives of panchayat, municipal and statutory bodies, with stress on women empowerment and awareness.
The Policy seeks to empower women for making learned choice regarding motherhood as it would lead to better living conditions for the communities.
The policy has provisions to bar people with more than two children from contesting election for panchayat, municipal and other statutory bodies and committees at the state level.
Topic : National News, Defense and Terrorism
Successful Trials of Astra Missile
The final Flight Trials of Astra – Beyond Visual Range Air to Air Missile (BVRAAM) was conducted recently over the Bay of Bengal, Off the Coast of Chandipur, Odisha.
The trials were successful.
The missions included engagement of target at very long range, engagement of high manoeuvring target at medium range and multiple launches of missiles in salvo to engage multiple targets.
It is a Beyond-Visual Range, air-to-air indigenously developed.
Topic : Latest Diary of Events, Enviroment & Ecology
Snow leopard no longer ‘endangered’
The conservation status of snow leopard has been improved from “endangered” to “vulnerable”.
The decision was announced by the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) – the global standard for assessing extinction risk.
The status change followed a three-year assessment process by five international experts.
However, experts have warned that the species still faces serious threats from poaching and habitat destruction.
Endangered Vs Vulnerable:
To be considered ‘endangered,’ there must be fewer than 2,500 mature snow leopards and they must be experiencing a high rate of decline.
Being classed as “vulnerable” means a species has under 10,000 breeding animals left, with a population decline of at least 10% over three generations.
Topic : Latest Diary of Events
World’s Oldest Person Died At 117
World’s oldest person died at 117 in Jamaica.
Violet Mosse Brown had passed away in Jamaica 6th Sept. 2017.
She was born on 10th March 1900.
She became the world’s oldest person on 15th April this year at 117.
- Current Affairs
- current affairs for tnpsc
- current affairs in english
- current affairs in tamil
- current affairs of tamilnadu
- current affairs pdf free
- current affairs pdf free download
- download Exam tips
- Exam tips
- Exam tips Group1
- Exam tips Group1 group 1 Group1 group 1 Group 2 Group 2A Group 4 Group 2 Group 2A Group 4
- Group1 group 1group 1 Group 2 Group 2A Group 4Group 2 Group 2A Group 4
- latest news of tnpsc
- latest news of tnpsc Mock test
- Mock test
- Mock test Notifications
- study materials
- study plan
- syllabus tnpsc
- TNPSC Answer Key
- tnpsc apps
- TNPSC Aptitude class
- TNPSC class
- tnpsc current affairs
- tnpsc current news
- tnpsc exams
- tnpsc group 1 tnpsc group 2 tnpsc group 2 A tnpsc group 4
- tnpsc group 1 tnpsc group 2 tnpsc group 2 A tnpsc group 4 tnpsc notifications
- tnpsc group 2 tnpsc group 2 A
- tnpsc group 2 tnpsc group 2 A tnpsc group 4
- TNPSC Group 4 2016 Answer key
- TNPSC Group 4 Answer key
- tnpsc group 4tnpsc notifications
- tnpsc group1
- TNPSC maths class
- TNPSC online Class
- Tnpsc online test
- TNPSC Online test daily quiz
- tnpsc preparation
- tnpsc preparation VAO
- TNPSC video class
- TNPSC Whatsapp
Products – Our Featured Materials
- TNPSC General English Book - for Group 4, Group 2 & 2A
- Group 4 & VAO - 2019 - Postal Test Series & Test Batch - தமிழ்
- Group 4 & VAO - 2019 - Postal Test Series & Test Batch - English
- TNPSC Group 4, Group 2 & 2A பொது அறிவு புத்தகங்கள் | சமச்சீர் - தமிழில் ₹450.00 – ₹3,600.00
- TNPSC Group 4, Group 2 & 2A Books - General Studies | SAMACHEER - In English ₹450.00 – ₹3,600.00