www.tnpsc.academy – TNPSC Current Affairs October 13, 2017 (13/10/2017)
Topic : International Events
U.S., Israel quit UNESCO
The U.S. has announced its withdrawal from the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
Besides the US, Israel has also decided to pull out of UNESCO.
As required by law, the U.S. has stopped funding UNESCO. The U.S. withdrawal will take effect on December 31, 2018. Until then, it will remain a full member.
Why the US is withdrawing?
The US and UNESCO have actually been at loggerheads since 2011.
The key issue now, as with many US-UN disputes, is the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
In October 2011, UNESCO admitted the Palestinian territories to the organization as an independent member-state called Palestine.
This triggered a US law which cut off American funding for any organization that recognized an independent Palestine.
The US had previously paid for 22 percent ($80 million) of UNESCO’s annual budget.
Finally, in 2013, after the US missed several rounds of payments to UNESCO, the organization suspended US voting rights in its core decision-making bodies. So the US hasn’t been a real UNESCO member for a while.
UNESCO is a United Nations organization that helps preserve historical and cultural sites worldwide.
Topic : New Appointments, Persons in News, Who is Who?
Gautam Bambawale Appointed as India’s Ambassador to China
Gautam Bambawale was appointed as India’s new Ambassador to China.
Gautam Bambawale is currently serving as India’s High Commissioner to Pakistan.
He was India’s Ambassador to Bhutan previously.
He has also handled the China desk in the Indian Foreign Ministry that looks after relations with Japan, South Korea,China, Mongolia and North Korea.
Topic : Latest Diary of Events
International Day for Disaster Reduction – 13th October 2017
The International Day for Disaster Reduction was observed across the world.
The theme of this year : “Home Safe Home: Reducing Exposure, Reducing Displacement”
The 2017 campaign aims to raise global awareness about effective actions, policies and practices taken to minimize exposure to disaster risk at the community level, thereby contributing to saving livelihood and homes.
- Current Affairs
- current affairs for tnpsc
- current affairs in english
- current affairs in tamil
- current affairs of tamilnadu
- current affairs pdf free
- current affairs pdf free download
- download Exam tips
- Exam tips
- Exam tips Group1
- Exam tips Group1 group 1 Group1 group 1 Group 2 Group 2A Group 4 Group 2 Group 2A Group 4
- Group1 group 1group 1 Group 2 Group 2A Group 4Group 2 Group 2A Group 4
- latest news of tnpsc
- latest news of tnpsc Mock test
- Mock test
- Mock test Notifications
- study materials
- study plan
- syllabus tnpsc
- TNPSC Answer Key
- tnpsc apps
- TNPSC Aptitude class
- TNPSC class
- tnpsc current affairs
- tnpsc current news
- tnpsc exams
- tnpsc group 1 tnpsc group 2 tnpsc group 2 A tnpsc group 4
- tnpsc group 1 tnpsc group 2 tnpsc group 2 A tnpsc group 4 tnpsc notifications
- tnpsc group 2 tnpsc group 2 A
- tnpsc group 2 tnpsc group 2 A tnpsc group 4
- TNPSC Group 4 2016 Answer key
- TNPSC Group 4 Answer key
- tnpsc group 4tnpsc notifications
- tnpsc group1
- TNPSC maths class
- TNPSC online Class
- Tnpsc online test
- TNPSC Online test daily quiz
- tnpsc preparation
- tnpsc preparation VAO
- TNPSC video class
- TNPSC Whatsapp
Products – Our Featured Materials
- TNPSC General English Book - for Group 4, Group 2 & 2A
- Group 4 & VAO - 2019 - Postal Test Series & Test Batch - தமிழ்
- Group 4 & VAO - 2019 - Postal Test Series & Test Batch - English
- TNPSC Group 4, Group 2 & 2A பொது அறிவு புத்தகங்கள் | சமச்சீர் - தமிழில் ₹450.00 – ₹3,600.00
- TNPSC Group 4, Group 2 & 2A Books - General Studies | SAMACHEER - In English ₹450.00 – ₹3,600.00