www.tnpsc.academy – TNPSC Current Affairs August 04, 2017 (04/08/2017)
Topic : Public Awareness, General Administration, Latest Diary of Events
India – Infant Mortality Rate (IMR)
As per latest data, IMR has reduced by 58% in India during the period of 1990-2015 which is more than to Global decline of 49% during the same period.
The full immunization coverage also improved from 43.5% in 2005 to 62.0% in 2015.
And also mortality due to Tuberculosis has reduced from 76 per 1,00,000 in 1990 to 32 per 1,00,000 in 2015.
Topic : New inventions on Science & Technology, Welfare Oriented Schemes and Their Utilities
Development of Radiation Technology
Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) and Department of Atomic Energy (DAE) had together engaged in R&D work on the technology of preservation and hygienization of food and agri-products by radiation.
Irradiation is very effective in treating the horticultural produces.
In irradiation, food products are subjected to a low dosage of radiation to treat them for germs and insects, increasing their longevity and shelf life.
How this will help India?
In India, according to estimates, post-harvest losses in food and food grains are around 40-50%, primarily due to insect infestation, microbiological contamination, physiological changes due to sprouting and ripening, and poor shelf life.
With irradiation, it is possible to reduce these losses.
Topic : General Administration, Welfare Oriented Schemes and their Utlities, Public Awareness
AGRI UDAAN- Food and Agribusiness Accelerator
In an attempt to promote innovation and entrepreneurship in agriculture, the government is launching a new AGRI-UDAAN programme.
AGRI-UDAAN will mentor startups and help them connect with potential investors.
The programme will help convert innovative ideas from India’s rural youth into viable businesses.
The idea is to attract the youth from rural India and elsewhere, and train them so they can add value to the farmers’ produce.
Topic : Latest Diary of Events, Persons in News, Who is Who?
JK Rowling – World’s highest paid author by Forbes
JK Rowling, the creator of Harry Potter, ranked first of the highest paid author by Forbes with earnings of £72m ($95).
It is the first time that Rowling has topped Forbes’ list of the 10 highest earners in the global industry for the first time in almost 10 years.
Her books have been turned into eight blockbuster feature films, and last year she made her screenwriting debut with a prequel movie, Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them.
- Current Affairs
- current affairs for tnpsc
- current affairs in english
- current affairs in tamil
- current affairs of tamilnadu
- current affairs pdf free
- current affairs pdf free download
- download Exam tips
- Exam tips
- Exam tips Group1
- Exam tips Group1 group 1 Group1 group 1 Group 2 Group 2A Group 4 Group 2 Group 2A Group 4
- Group1 group 1group 1 Group 2 Group 2A Group 4Group 2 Group 2A Group 4
- latest news of tnpsc
- latest news of tnpsc Mock test
- Mock test
- Mock test Notifications
- study materials
- study plan
- syllabus tnpsc
- TNPSC Answer Key
- tnpsc apps
- TNPSC Aptitude class
- TNPSC class
- tnpsc current affairs
- tnpsc current news
- tnpsc exams
- tnpsc group 1 tnpsc group 2 tnpsc group 2 A tnpsc group 4
- tnpsc group 1 tnpsc group 2 tnpsc group 2 A tnpsc group 4 tnpsc notifications
- tnpsc group 2 tnpsc group 2 A
- tnpsc group 2 tnpsc group 2 A tnpsc group 4
- TNPSC Group 4 2016 Answer key
- TNPSC Group 4 Answer key
- tnpsc group 4tnpsc notifications
- tnpsc group1
- TNPSC maths class
- TNPSC online Class
- Tnpsc online test
- TNPSC Online test daily quiz
- tnpsc preparation
- tnpsc preparation VAO
- TNPSC video class
- TNPSC Whatsapp
Products – Our Featured Materials
- TNPSC General English Book - for Group 4, Group 2 & 2A
- Group 4 & VAO - 2019 - Postal Test Series & Test Batch - தமிழ்
- Group 4 & VAO - 2019 - Postal Test Series & Test Batch - English
- TNPSC Group 4, Group 2 & 2A பொது அறிவு புத்தகங்கள் | சமச்சீர் - தமிழில் ₹450.00 – ₹3,600.00
- TNPSC Group 4, Group 2 & 2A Books - General Studies | SAMACHEER - In English ₹450.00 – ₹3,600.00