• LOGIN
  • No products in the basket.

Login

Home Forums TNPSC Discussion Figure Of Speech

Figure Of Speech

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Vidya 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Keerthana Krishnan
    Participant

How can i differentiate Anaphora and Repetition??

Rick Sanchez
    Participant

Anaphora itself a Repetition. A repetition is a literary device to emphasize any given phrase. It has many parts,anaphora one of it.

You may ask what is the difference between Anaphora and Epistrophe ? That would be correct.

Anaphora is repeating the same words in beginning. For ex, I like India because I born here,I like this land because it’s gifted with nature,I like this country because it has heritage of over 6000 years. Here I repeatedly used ‘I like’in beginning , It’s Anaphora.

Epistrophe (Not Apostrophe) On the other hands same rules except, same words at end of the lines.

ex, Ab’s famous quote. Of the people, for the people, by the people. Here ‘THE PEOPLE’ repetitive in the end of sentence.

• This reply was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by  Rick Sanchez.
    • This reply was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by  Rick Sanchez.

Abirami RameshPrabu
    Participant

Anaphora is the repetition of a word/a phrase in the beginning of each line or a stanza of the poem in a specific pattern.

e.g: O Captain! My Captain! …….

O Captain! My Captain!….

Repetition refers to a word/a phrase simply getting repeated in the poem without any specific pattern.

e.g: I ran, ran, ran,……

Vidya
    Participant

<h5 style=”box-sizing: border-box; font-family: ‘Open Sans’; font-weight: 500; line-height: 1.35em; color: #282828; margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px; font-size: 1.2rem; -webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased;”> Appreciation Questions for A Pslam of life</h5>

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Privately Message Us in FB

© TNPSC.Academy